Friday 7 August 2020

Guest Designer for Whimsy cards #1


I'm so excited to be the August Guest Designer for Whimsy stamps, such an honor.

For my card today I made a kind of gate fold card with a surprise inside.

New this month is the Flippin Dragon from Dustin Pike. There's a censored version too if you prefer.
But for this card I ignored the flipping him all together, he's just holding the little Birdie...and a sign to the fishing hole, that you will find on the inside, another Dustin Pike digi: Gnome fishing.

For the card I took a full sheet of DCP paper, cut the height, in metric 10,5cm or appr.4". then I scored the long side at roughly 7,5cm
from both sids. a metric card is 14.85cm so I had to cut of a little over hang, but that's ok. I'd rather cut off than be short.

I masked off a grassy hill and inkblended Distress Oxides Mowed Lawn and Broken China.
Matched the hill as best as I could on the inside, but only  did the half on the left as I wanted to leave empty space for writing

For the images I stamped them with Gina K amalgam ink and colored them with alcohol markers, in this case a combination of Copics, Spectrum Noirs and Triblends.

Had the Scan N Cut do the fussy cutting and stucked them on my scene. Added the fish and arrow with a Fineliner.

The sentiment is from a clear stamp set, also designed by Dustin Pike called Camping Dragon.

You can find the Digis on the Whimsy Stamps site.

No comments:

Post a Comment