Saturday 17 April 2021

Diamond in the ruff


 It probably would make more sense with the dogs from the Hero Arts set Diamond in the ruff ruff ruff..hehe I might still add it after I entered the cards.

But I remembered this sentiment from earlier this week when I made the card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: CAS showcasing Hero arts.

And of course the new Less is More Challenge: One layer and diamonds.

For my second version I stamped the sentiment first with Versafine ink. As on the first version I smugded it bit a second pass of Versafine ink.

Masked off the sentiment and a strip from the


top.

I marked the centre and with my home made diamond shaped stencil. I inkblended the middle one first with Distress ink Seedless Preserves, then the lightest ones at either end with Pink Flamingo and then the Picked raspberry ones. I then decided it needed more Seedless preserves so I continuegs the pattern outside the card boundaries. Now on this version it is more faint, but there's some Spun Sugar ink on the outside towards the diamonds to make a banner.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this.

For more information on the Less is More


Challenge, see this.


3 comments:

  1. Fabby card design and I love your chosen colours too

    Happy Sunday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid design Maaike. Well done on making your own stencil. My first effort was with a homemade stencil but mine ended up in the bin.
    I love the colours you've used too. Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More,
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Less is More definitely ! Love your diamonds in these pretty shades of pink and purple. Great sentiment too ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete