Wednesday 7 April 2021

The Male Room Challenge #149: Wood


 This month the Male Room Challenge theme is: Wood.

I interpreted it like Woods, a forest, a shrubbery hehe well you know woods.

For my card I masked off an area, applied Distress inks ( Speckled egg, Evergreen bough and Pine Needles), then splattered it with water and dried it with my heattool.

Left the lower mask on and took the one on the top away so I could stamp my trees with them going off  the inkblended bit. For this I used Nellie Snellen stamps (Sil037, Csil004), I did cut up the groups of trees so I could make my own forest arrangement. For stamping I've used Versafine ink.


I also wanted to use the silhouette deer, but I was worried they wouldn't stand out. So instead I diecut Marianne Design CR1289 from dark grey cardstock and adhered it on the card, they could be standing in a snowbank.

The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps ( Simple sentiment strips), and I also stamped it with Versafine ink.


For more information, or to play along the Male Room Challenge, see this.

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful card, green background is perfect for a calm scene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! So nice to see the green background shining through. I really like your tall tree too and how it sits outside the inked area. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful "wood" scene you made :-)) I like all trees and green background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty - would work great as a Christmas card as well! Thanks for having me as your GDT!

    ReplyDelete