Saturday 9 April 2022

Do what makes you happy

 There's a new challenge over at the Less is More Blog and I've chosen Farmer, then mice, then farmer again...I'll explain.

I first stamped the Clearly Besotted set All round the farm, as I had to stamp it a few times with Extreme black ink from My Favorite Things, I smeared the image here and there, even with heat setting it. I wanted the circle to be as light as possible and the barn was red but light red looked pink, so I went over it with blue and then it was really dark and catching all the attention and I didn't like it, so I stamped the image again on the cardbase and thought I'll leave it B&W and well, that was too harsh  in my humble opinion. For the sentiment I wanted to use one from Animal Antics (Craftin Desert Divas is no longer in business).

So not liking my farm scene I came up with the Stampendous set Willow Climb, it's a farm animal and it went with the sentiment from the same Animal antics. Also stamped it with Extreme black in k and colored it with Copic markers, I was in fact really pleased with the CAS look, but then I realized it's farm, yes, occupation: no.

Although the mice and voles in my garden made it their job to eat every single thing I'd like to eat too.

So back to the Clearly Besotted set and accepted it was what it was, looked better now the ink has dried.

In the Whimsy Stamps'set : Simple sentiment strips"there is this one and I thought it works with the occupation and I can just see a city boy leaving everything behind to grow his own...

So that's my logic and thought process, hope you like the cards.

For more information or to play along the Less is More Challenge, see this.

3 comments:

  1. Ha Maaike, ik vind allebei je kaartjes super leuk geworden hoor. Groetjes, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maaike and thanks for joining us at 'Less Is More' with your CAS card ..... seems like it was a bit of a problem at first but ended up brilliantly, us crafters always find solutions to problems in the end ! Loving your farmyard theme and your elements really work well together ..... Sid xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both fab but I totally get why you had to nip back to your ToC (Table of Craftiness) to have another go - love them

    Happy LIM Day

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete