Monday 4 April 2022

Friends are like Angels without wings

 

Pretty sure that's exactly it, especially for good friends that always stick around and are there for one and another, this sentiment feels so true.


For my card I've used the Whimsy Stamps digi Angel Clove. I kept reading and reading that title, expecting to see Angelic Love, not sure why, does it matter? not really...

I printed it on Copic Safe paper and colored it with Alcohol markers. I may have mixed a few brand, doesn't matter, use what you have ;-).I wanted to use different colors for the hair,. not blonde like Angels/Cupids usually are depicted, also his loin cloth could be burlap and warm greys for the wings.

I then used Tumbled Glass Distress ink and a cloud shaped stencil and tried to make it look like the Angel is on his cloud, maybe looking down on the person he's supposed to be guarding (like he's a Guardian Angel). I hope you can see it, it's very faint, but exactly how I wanted it, there but not intrusive on the main image.

The senitment is also from Whimsy Stamps: Big Wishes Sentiments, thought it was a perfect pairing, I added it when I was prepping the image for printing.

As my laser printer always prints on a slant I matted it,  in an effort to get it straight again.Glued the panel to a cardbase.



No comments:

Post a Comment