Thursday 5 January 2023

Polar Birthday

 Hello, today I'm  using one of the images in the Whimsy Stamps set: Winter Friends.



It is from the Some Odd Girl line and I think he's just too cute.

Sentiment is also Whimsy Stamps, a clear set; Simple Sentiment Strips.

I printed the image and cut him out, colored him (or her?) with Copic Markers and mounted it with foam tape.


For the background I ripped a piece of masking paper and  adhered it to the cardbase. I inkblended the top with distress inks, I was trying to make a Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis), I like it not sure if it's recognizable as such, but it's just a sky in the end. I've used Distress inks, Twisted Citron, Wilted Violet, Mermaid Lagoon, Prize Ribbon, Chipped Sapphire.

Splattered with water and white acrylic paint for snow or stars.

Stamped the sentiment with Versafine after I removed the masking paper and then adhered the  bear cub on top. I like how the ripped edge makes it look like a snow bank.


You can find the digi in the Whimsy Store:  https://whimsystamps.com/collections/some-odd-girl-digital-collection/products/winter-friends-digital-stamp-1

And the Sentiment Stampset: https://whimsystamps.com/products/simple-sentiment-strips-clear-stamps?_pos=1&_sid=ff352c267&_ss=r



#Whimsystamps #Digistamps #Handmadecard #cardmaker #designteam #CASCard #Winterscene #SOG #SomeOddGirl #WinterFriends #Wintercard #Northernlights #AuroraBorealis #Distressinks #CopicColoring #Inkblending


No comments:

Post a Comment