Sunday 5 February 2023

AAA Card Challenges #233: Teal and Gold, with video


 This fortnight we challenge you to use Teal and gold on your CAS card.

I've used a combination of Peacock Feathers and Uncharted Mariner for my teal and Wow embossing powders Metallic Gold Rich and Metallic Gold Sparkle.


It started out completely different but this card was a work in progress.

I've used the Sizzix Tim Holtz leaf thinlits (665559) cut them from white cardstock and then


applied Peacock feathers. them smooshed the Wow embossing ink over the leafs and sprinkled on said embossing powders.

Didn't like the Peacock feathers anymore so I tried to darken it with a second layer, then decided to pull out the Uncharted Mariner and applied it on top.Combined they've made a pretty teal color.

I've done the same with a strip on the slimline cardbase. I did start with a normal 10x15cm card, but the leafs are rather big and I wanted three on my card, so a bigger card leaves more empty/white space.


Sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps (Simple sentiment strips) and I've used the Wow embossing as well. Mounted everything on the cardbase either flush or raised with foam tape.


To play along the AAA Card Challenges, see this.

3 comments:

  1. this card is fab, love the design and it actually got me crafting-thanks for the inspirstion\!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww that's always good to hear. Hope oiit got your creative mojo back, thank you for the kind words

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is absolutely stunning! Feel in love with this card as soon as I saw it! xx

    ReplyDelete