Monday 13 February 2023

Hearts galore

 Hello, today I'm showing you my take on Valentine's day. 

But for those that do here's some inspiration that is cute as can be. I've used two digistamp sets from Whimsy Stamps: Heart Hugs and Candy Hearts; both from the Crissy Armstrong line.

At first I wanted to make the hearts looks like proper candy harts by printing them on different colored cardstock, or inkblending and them adding dimension by stacking them, there's many in the set and their all on their own, I just "stacked" them, but you don't have to; that's why I love digi stamps, so versatile and no masking to get them linked, no mess.

I decided to use Deco Foil instead, Whimsy carries  a selection and I thought red shimmer is just as special and more apt for a background. I am  one of those designers that likes to stick to one focal point if possible.

And as I have a laser printer I just took a few of the hearts from the Candy Heart set and made them into a banner of sorts. Then I added the "you're so "above one. Passed it through my foiling machine, then mounted it with foam and adhered it to the cardbase.


The bear is also from the Crissy Armstrong collection and is also available at Whimsy Stamps, it's called Heart Hugs and I also printed it  with my laser printer, then colored it with Copic Markers, cut him out, or her, I thought a Polar bear would be "fresher" than a dark brown on a Valentine's day card, but you can do whatever you like, if you say it's a stuffed toy your can pretty much do the bear any color. I liked it as he/she is hugging a hear and that was just perfect for this time of year.

Mounted the bar also with foamtape and adhered the image on top.

Find everything in the Whimsy Store:

Heart Hugs: https://whimsystamps.com/collections/love-valentines-wedding-digital/products/heart-hugs-digital-stamp


Candy Hearts: https://whimsystamps.com/collections/love-valentines-wedding-digital/products/candy-hearts-digital-stamp


Decofoil: https://whimsystamps.com/collections/deco-foils


#Whimsystamps #Digistamps #Handmadecard #cardmaker #designteam #CASCard #CopicColoring #CardsbyMaaike  #CrissyArmstrong #Decofoil #Valentine  #valentine’sday #romanticcard #loveisintheair

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment