Thursday 22 June 2023

Purrmaid Shark


 Hello, today I have another Purrmaid digi from Dustin Pike via the Whimsy Stamps shop.

I love these, can you tell, I have refrained to color it like my cat again though, aren't you proud of me? haha I thought a ginger cat would go well with the blue Distress inked background, but I made him darker and as his tail is a Tiger Shark I went with a nice tanned skin..erhm I mean fur. I love his expression.

For the sentiment I've used another Whimsy Stamp set, also Dustin: it's from a clear set: Looking Shark.


I printed the digi, cut it out and colored it then with alcoholmarkers, I've used a few kinds to get it colored as I wanted.
I've used a white gel pen for details, I don't like it on fur and try not to go overboard with it.

I made the sand bank with the Whimsy Stamps Stencil: Ocean. I had to trace it onto some masking paper and cut it out to mask the bank from the sea, kinda worked..don't look at it;-) Splashed with water for bubbles.
I then thought it might be fun if the sea had more life in it, so I placed the Ocean Stencil back and with Hickory Smoke I've added the shadows in the Sea. just a hint and not shiny like I did before with embossing powder, I think I might even have gone lighter grey, but I was worried it would let too much blue through.

Mounted the Purrmaid Shark on top, making sure he peaks out the inked area, I like that, I wanted him a bit higher, but had to shift him, so the shadows still made sense.


You can find the digi in the Whimsy Stamps shop. together with all the others:



#Whimsystamps #Digistamps #Handmadecard #cardmaker #designteam #CASCard #CopicColoring #CardsbyMaaike #DustinPike #PunnyCard #Distressinks #Birthdaycard #Summer #mermaids #cats #purrmaid

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete