Tuesday 13 June 2023

Just floating by to say HI!

 


Hello, this week I'm using the Whimsy Stamps digi set: Beach Gnomes from the Dustin Pike Collection.

There's many images in the set and I've used  the gnome with the float thing,  the little duck, I don't know the name of in English.Sorry...

I've printed the digi, cut it out and then colored it with alcohol markers, I've used a few different brands, but any work of course.

I then cut a pond like shape with the Wavy Frames dies, also Whimsy Stamps, and I thought the kraft card could be sand.

The sentiment is yet again Whimsy Stamps and the set is called: Killer Friends, it's a clear set, released earlier this year, I stamped the sentiment in black with Versafine ink.

To make my water I dragged Distress inks across a sheet of vellum, I've used a few colors like Mermaid Lagoon, Salty Ocean and a darker I think was Prize Ribbon, then splattered with water and let it dry.

Vellum can take quite a while to dry, but luckily for me it's nice and warm now, but in the meantime I traced the opening of the "pond"onto the cardbase and also put ink in the cardbase (Mermaid Lagoon), and I also splattered this with water, but only at the top.

Mounted the frame with double sided tape around the edges for my wave and, once dry, I tore the vellum sheet into "waves", placed them  on top of each other then then laid the frame on to, cut off excess bits that were hanging off the edge.Mounted the  panel with foamtape and adhered it to the cardbase.

I then tucked the little Gnome  behind one of the waves, stuck him down. 

Added white gel pen to the eyes of the  Duck and shimmer  to the Hibiscus  flower on the Gnome's Hat.

Find everything in the Whimsy Store:

Digiset: https://whimsystamps.com/products/beach-gnomes-set-digital-stamp?_pos=1&_sid=8c58b9f00&_ss=r

Wavy Nested Frames: https://whimsystamps.com/collections/basic-shape-dies/products/wavy-nested-frames-die-set

Killer Friend Sentiment: https://whimsystamps.com/products/new-killer-friend-clear-stamps?_pos=1&_sid=1da53d469&_ss=r


#Whimsystamps #Digistamps #Handmadecard #cardmaker #designteam #CASCard #CopicColoring #CardsbyMaaike  #DustinPike  #PunnyCard  #Distressinks  #Birthdaycard #Summer #Gnomes #BeachGnomes #DebDavis




No comments:

Post a Comment