Friday 1 September 2023

AAA Birthday Cards Challenge September 2023: #53 Animals

 



Hello, this month I've chosen the theme and it's animals.

Our moderator Jane has used cat paws for the badge as I chose the theme and, although tempted, I just couldn't make a cat card just now.

Technically mine are insects but still animals in my opinion.

I've used the bee and ladybug from Marianne Design  and colored them with Graphit Brush alcohol markers., cut them out with the included dies.


For the background I've cut a Hexagon from a cardpanel (Love 2 Craft) and then traced the opening on the cardbase, so I knew where to mask and or inkblend.

I thought the hexagon window, but also the Memory BOX Texture Honey Comb stencil would fit the theme. I've used  Distress inks (Mustard Seeds, Spiced Marmalade and Dried Marigold).

The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps (Simple Sentiment Strips) and I've stamped it with Versafine ink.

Mounted the panel and bugs with foamtape and adhered them to the cardbase.

Lastly I've added some shimmer with a Nuvo Shimmer pen and details with a white gel pen.


To play along the AAA Birthday Card Challenges, see this.


6 comments:

  1. Aw what a sweet pair! Love the honeycomb backdrop too~

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! the hexagon is perfect for these “bee-utiful insect” animals. 😉 you chose an awesome theme this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your thoughtful and detailed posts

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet CAS card Maaike. Your critters are adorable and your colouring is fantastic. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete