Thursday 14 September 2023

Witch please!


 Hello, today I have a card for you using the latest digital release from Whimsy.

The digistamp is called With and is from the Dustin Pike line.


It's also Deb Davis' Birthday today and Halloween is her most favorite time of the year, so I hope you have a magical Birthday Deb! 

#whimsystampsbirthdaygirldeb


I printed it, cut it out and colored the Witch with all the brands of alcohol marker I have, added white gel details and mounted the image with foam tape, set it aside.

At first I really wanted to use this (made it earlier) background, but found it hard to set an image in front. tried to add the Cat silhouette die, but turns out my Witch was to big, tried a white panel, to make it easier to add a sentiment, but white for Halloween?  nope.

The sentiment is also Whimsy , but a  physical stampset: Create Magic and I stamped it with Versafine black ink.

Mounted the strip with foamtape to cover up the botched one I already stuck down prior to adding heat.

I think the purple "floor" helps to ground the image and personally I wouldn't mind a purple rug or a teal one.

The background is black cardstock splattered with metallic watercolors for shimmer that I don't think you can see in the photo. There's gold, purple and teal and was meant to be some sort of night sky with stars, but I didn't think it looked Milky Way enough....but now it's perfect for my Halloween Birthday Card!

In Dutch there's a saying: Wie wat bewaart, heeft wat" Means something like "if you keep it,  you'll have it"(when you need it)..When I first started I saved everything, but now I'm more of a mindset it's just paper and a bit of ink, I'll live, but when you start crafting everything is precious and expensive, I get it, I have enough glitter, sequins, paper , embossing powder for the rest of my life, one bit of card means less now ;-)

But  I found a use for it, so it didn't go into the recycle bin, so yay!

I think the little Witch is also cute enough for "I put a spell on you", she seems shy or giggling with the hand in front of her mouth, something enchanted? I rummaged through my stampsets and thought Magic is their "thing", you can go so many directions, I'm just here to throw ideas at you ;-)


Find the Digi  among the other recently released images in Whimsy Shop:

https://whimsystamps.com/collections/newest-digital

and the stampset Create Magic:

https://whimsystamps.com/products/create-magic-clear-stamps?_pos=3&_sid=2d4c7fc0a&_ss=r


Kitty Frame is fun especially in black ;-)

https://whimsystamps.com/products/kitty-frame-die?_pos=48&_sid=9f12a42f6&_ss=r


#Whimsystamps #Digistamps #Handmadecard #cardmaker #designteam #CASCard #CopicColoring #CardsbyMaaike  #DustinPike  #PunnyCard  #Distressinks    #Halloween, #SpookyCard #SpookyBirthday #Witch #Spellbook #whimsystampsbirthdaygirldeb

 

 

 

 

 

 

 






1 comment:

  1. I never use digi images, and you've inspired me to try them out! Such a cute witch and I LOVE the background! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate the love!

    ReplyDelete