Sunday 17 September 2023

AAA Card Challenges #249 and DT call!

 


Hello, this
fortnight we'd like to see any CAS (clean and simple) cards made with galaxies, planets, Northern Lights,  Night Sky, just look up basically.

For my card I've used a Bugaboo Stamps digi: Martians, sadly  Bugaboo Stamps is out of business rn an extended break, but there's many others across the industry.

I've contemplated making my own galaxies as I've done before, but I came across this Craft Sensations 12x12 paper pad and it's actually supposed


to be a Christmas one, but I loved it for the moody skies and stars and so I cut one done for my Space. Finding the right bit and shape proved  a challenge as I wanted one bit with a nebula first and cut is with a wonky  oval like shape , but I didn't like it it was too narrow and long and the image would actually cover the Nebula.

so after a few tries , I decided to just cut a strip to go  across the cardbase and glued is down. 

I printed my digi and cut it out, then colored it with Graphit Brush markers and Spectrum Noir. I thought a yellow star didn't go with the background,. so I went Blue giant star color and Martians are green aren't they? Mounted the image with foamtape and adhered it to the card, slathered the star with Nuvo Shimmer pen and then slathered some of that shimmer onto the galaxy too.

The sentiment is from Whiimsy Stamps (Simple sentiment Strips) and I stamped it with Versafine ink.

To play along the AAA Card Challenges, see this.


Want to know more about our Dt or Design Team call, see your blog.

Do you love CAS cards? can you work towards deadlines? comment on entries?

Show us! Leave DT after your name when you enter a card to this and the next challenge.


Happy Birthday is a celebration. right? so I shall enter it into the Less is More Challenge




2 comments:

  1. Lovely make and well done on s o beautifully combining your chosen challenges

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card ! I just adore how you did the sky the colours are amazing so realistic.Thank you so much for playing along with us at LIM with this "out of this world" card.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete