Friday 1 December 2023

AAA Birthday Card Challenges #56: Add a tag

 


Hello, this month the Birthday Card we make should feature a tag, or a card with matching tag.

My tag is actually a window in a tag shape, like I saw Michelle from the Card Grotto do on her Youtube channel in May.


For my card I mirrored the window as my element (Toucan) faces the other way. 

I've used all things Marianne Design:

Tag LR0411


Flowers are from the Bee set COl1505

Toucan is Col 1457

Double Sided tape LR0014

Distress inks: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn and  Rustic Wilderness.

lots of colored cardstock.

I started bij cutting the tag shaped window 3 times from the left t make it straight and without smudges, only to realize I prefer it on the other side, so two more panels diecut and it still wasn't straight, looks straight when I stick it on, but I was fed up, so I  cut cut a matte to make it straight.

I traced the opening onto the cardbase, masked the edges outside the matte and applied my Distress inks, then splattered with water and set is aside to dry.

In the meantime I diecut all the elements from Scraps of colored card, backed with the double sided tape, so they  become stickers. I forgot one or two bits.

Mounted the panel with the tag window with foamtape before I realized I forgot to stamp the Happy Birthday and at this point I really didn't want another mess, so I did add it afterwards in photoshop.

I tried the black banner like in the Video from Michelle, but I  didn't know where to put it and at the top is wasn't   that pretty.

I then tucked the branch and all the bird bits into the window and assembled the Toucan and foliage. And lastly I added some details with a white gelpen.


I'd like to wish everyone  Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

If you'd like to play along the AAA Birthday Card Challenge, see this.



5 comments:

  1. LOVE this tropical card! That bird! Awesome 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Maaike. Your toucan is adorable and what a clever way to 'use' a tag. Great inkblending as always. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow such a beautifully vibrant bird love it x

    ReplyDelete