Sunday 12 May 2024

AAA Card Challenge #265: Anything Birthday Goes

 

Hello this fortnight we're celebrating 10 years of AAA Card Challenges and it's the 265th, blimey that a lot of cards, isn't it? How long have you been playing along? I can't remember exactly myself. I used to be a player and then DT and now Admin, so you tell me haha.

So Anything CAS goes, but a (10th) Birthday Card would be cool.
I made two cards,  the first with stuff I had and before we had sponsors, then I  made another with Whimsy Products as they are a  sponsor and we're so grateful. For a full list of prizes and or goodies, also donations from our wonderful DT, see our blog.


I stamped the image  onto Copic Save paper (Whimsy Stamps Monster Moods) and colored it with Spectrum Tri Blend Markers then popped it up with foamtape.

The background is created onto the cardbase with Distress inks (twisted citron and Tumbled Glass), I've used a stencil I made once, free handed a blob, but today I've only used the loved part and faded to white.
I stamped the sentiments (Whimsy Simple Sentiment Strips and Monster Moods) with Versafine black ink. White gel pen for the shine in the eyes.

For my 2nd, but actually the 1st,  card I bought a Birthday Die second hand, I've asked the seller, but I don't know the brand, I just liked it and cut it twice from thick white cardstock. then swiped the line with DIstress inks Mermaid Lagoon And set the letter back inside.
the Happy is Memento ink Bamboo Leaves and it's from the Simon Says Stamp 3x4 it's your  Birthday Set.
the Monkey is from C.C. Designs  and I mounted it onto the card with foamtape and taper runner where needed.


To play along the AAA Cards Challenge, see this.

 

#AAAcards #AAACardchallenge #CASChallenge #CASCard #Blogchallenge

#SuperCASchallenge   #Handmadecard  #Cardmakers  #Designteam #Blogspotchallenge 

#inkblending   #guestdesigner #challengewinner  #10thbirthday #prizes 


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards: the first so cute and love the die for the second card! Happy birthday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow double whammy for this momentous occasion, they are both so fab and fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your challenge turning 10! WOW!!! Love this card! The little dragon is absolutely precious! Have a great week! 🎨🐲💛 Makira

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 cute critters showcased Maaike - I love the dual shading behind the monster on the first one, such a lovely additional touch to your CAS card. Great sentiment diecut on the second one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards made me giggle with delight. Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete