Friday 2 October 2015

Sparkle and Shine Challenge #15


Sparkle and Shine Challenge #15/

For my card I took inspiration from the rainbow coloured dots on the challenge photo.


I used a new die I just got from Cheery Lynn Design (frm114), not sure it's new but it's for me ;-)

I used two pieces of watercolor, one I painted in rainbow order with Distrss re-inkers (wilted violet, faded jeans, salty ocean, mowed lawn, squeezed lemonade,  ripe persimmon, and festive berries).
the other I diecut "plain". Once dry I also diecut the rainbow card.
Dutch cardstock and cards are a little different, narrower and longer than USA sizes, so I had to chop off one row of squares to make it fit, incase you were wondering what happened to it.
I stuck my plain grid onto the cardbase and then inset all the little rectangles, you'd think they were squares, but they're not I found out the hard way lol.
I diecut the small hello die from Simon Says Stamp out of black cardstock. And as I had stuck down some doublesided adhesive I made it into a sticker with the cutting, peeled off the backing and stuck it onto the card.
Few matching sequins to complete the look and to take some of the starkness of the grid away.
For more information on the Sparkle and Shine Challenge #15, see this


Updat October 15th: I was a runner up, thank you ladies!



1 comment:

  1. Maaike, this is just so fun! I love the rainbow grid! So bright and cheerful! This card would brighten anyone's day! So happy you joined us at Sparkle and Shine! XX

    ReplyDelete