Tuesday 2 July 2019

Peeking Daisy

I made this initially for the Simon Says Stamp Instagram challenge for July: watercolors.

Then I thought there's still time to add it to the anything goes challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

For my card I  used a piece of watercolor paper and Distress refills: Picked Raspberry, Carved Pumpkin and Mustard Seed. I thought that was a  nice nod to the Tim Holtz month over at SSS.

I cut a cardpanel 1cm smaller than the cardbase and then stamped the sentiment first, as it might not fit otherwise. It's from SSS It's your birthday 3x4 set and I used Versafine Clair ink. I cut it smaller so the watercolor panel would peek out, giving the card a nice frame.


Then I diecut the SSS peeking daisy three times at different angles. I left the negative in as the stem is very fragile, mounted the panel with foamtape, making sure to support the daisy in the middle.

I dried the watercolor panel, adhered it to a cardbase, the adhered the panel on top.
Whilst diecutting I got a few smudges from dirty plates, so I disguised them with matching enamel dots.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this.

No comments:

Post a Comment