Sunday 21 June 2020

AAA Cards Challenges #168: One Corner + Masking, with video

This fortnight our Challenge is: ONE corner + the option to use masking. It was Ceal's choice.


Our sponsor is: CAS-ual Fridays and you could win a $20 giftcard.

For my card I used a digi from Whimsy Stamps called Beach Gnomes and I printed it on Crafter's Companion Neenah ultra smooth paper, cut it out and then coloured it with alcoholmakers.

For the card base, I masked off the beach first and applied Distress oxides Tumbled glass in the lower right corner, splattered it with water, but I doubt you can see it, Tumbled glass is very light.
Then Masked off the sky/sea and applied Antique linen for my beach, added a few
dots with markers as if sand grain.

The sentiment is from Skull and Cross buns and I stamped it with Versafine Clair ink.
Mounted the gnome with foamtape on top.

For more information or to play along the AAA Cards Challenge, see this.

3 comments:

  1. That is such a wonderful image, real Christmas in a hot place gnome. Great masking too Maaike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shading behind the gnome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card with an adorable gnome

    ReplyDelete