Monday 1 June 2020

Birthday Splash





There's a new AAA Birthday Challenge and I forgot to check it this morning...shame on me..yesterday: "I said to myself, I think an new one will start, don't forget to check", well that didn't work lol.

Anyyway the challenge is a birthday card, of course, and to use vellum.

The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is: make your own background, showcasing Paper Rose, but I have none, sadly. There's a few on my wishlist , but they'll never make it in time...


For my card I used alcohol inks on vellum:  Mermaid, Aqua, Turquoise, Denim and Pool, all of them Ranger inks.
The see through window is from Memory Box ( Under the sea collage) and I diecut it from a sturdy cardpanel. Stamped the sentiment from My Favorite Things (Soak up the fun), I've used Versafine Clair ink.

Added the vellum to the cardbase with taperunner along the edges, hidden underneath the  borders of the window and added  the panel on top.

For more information on the AAA Birthday Challenge, see this.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this.

Updated July 20th:

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow Maaike. Not only the first card in the gallery but one that's totally rocked the use of vellum. Love it! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Maaike! Love the look of alcohol inks on vellum. Thanks so much for sharing at AAA Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card, I spotted it a AAA Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete