Sunday 1 May 2022

AAA Cards Challenge #214: it's our 8th birthday

 


To celebrate our 8th Birthday we have a moodboard, take away what you want and play along.

We have a couple of sponsors ( I felt bad asking in these times, some is better than none). Whimsy Stamps is offering the whole May digital release as a prize!. 

I've used the newly released clear sets though.


In the moodboard I see limes, blues, purple pinks, the whole rainbow frankly. For my card I used the Whimsy Stamps Monster Birthday and I colored the images with alcohol markers (Copic, Spectrum Noir, Graphit Brush..they all play along nicely).

 I based the colors of them on the moodboard and also the background I made first. For that I drew a blob on masking paper, cut it out and inkblended Distress inks (Twisted Citron, Mermaid Lagoon, Wilted Violet, maybe some Chipped Sapphire, not sure if I actually used it of that shade was made  by overlapping Wilted Violet and Mermaid Lagoon). I wanted to sue the cooler side of the rainbow. I actually also made one with pinks, yellow and orange, but this one spoke to me.









The sentiment seemed perfect and is also by Whimsy Stamps (Simple Sentiment Strips). I stamped it inside the "blob"to retain as much white space as possible. Mounted the images with foamtape and adhered them on top.

Bit of Nuvo shimmer pen and white gelpen for accents,


For more information, or to play along the AAA Cards Challenge, see this.


No comments:

Post a Comment