Sunday 29 May 2022

Whimsy Stamps Hello and shaker

 


Hi, this week I've been playing on the beach...not really just in the garden and I found some sand that reminded me of the beach, I made a beach themed shaker card with it and it,s not the first one this week :-D I love it as much as glitter I think. For the sand look at the pet isle (Birdcage sand) or sandpits, or if you lift a tile like i did there's probably sad, the ants push it up as well while they burrow, otherwise there's the sand at diy stores or decoration isle, yoiu might even find colored sand there. So many options.

Back to the card: I diecut the Hello word and show dieset out of my card front, then took the Sunshine stamp from Sending Sunshine and stamped it with Versafine ink, let it dry.

In the meantime I made a background panel on watercolor paper with Distress inks (Chipped Sapphire, Mermaid Lagoon and Tumbled Glass). I just swiped them on the acetate for my shaker and sprayed water then pressed that onto the watercolor paper, dried it with the heatgun and then did a few more layers, drying each pass. Splattered it with iridescent watercolor paint, you can't see much of it, might have added too much "beach", but it's there.

Built up the shaker but adding the acetate to the cardpanel with tape runner, then added dimension with foamtape, filled the cavity with my sand , then closed it with the watercolor pane;. added more tape runner and adhered it to a cardbase.

My image is also Whimsy Stamps from the Digi set Beach gnomes, I printed it on Copic  friendly paper, cut it out and then colored it with alcohol markers. Mounted the image with foam tape and placed him in front of the "e", I think you can still get the word, might try to move im, I thought it would look more like the Dutch Hallo, but then Sunshine isn't in Dutch,,,,so nevermind ;-)

Find the Hello set here: https://whimsystamps.com/products/hello-word-and-shadow-die-set?_pos=3&_sid=d61da3450&_ss=r

Sending Sunshine: https://whimsystamps.com/products/sending-sunshine-clear-stamps?_pos=1&_sid=71acc8e13&_ss=r

Beach Gnomes digi stamp: https://whimsystamps.com/products/beach-gnomes-set-digital-stamp?_pos=5&_sid=4cd1f8a0d&_ss=r


No comments:

Post a Comment