Sunday 2 August 2015

Less is More Challenge #235: the colours of berries

Less is More Challenge #235: the colours of berries.

I've used a home made purple Distress diy inkpad, but I htink I ended up making Dusty Concord or something very close to it, more blue in my opinion, but my Dusty Concord is empty so I can't really tell very well, that's also in there in the middle and Festive Berries for the red.
I have strawberries and blue berries in mind.
It's a bit confusing, what in the USA the call blue berries we call forest berries (bosbessen) and what we call blue berries are infact white in the middle and a cultivated variety of the wild forest one which are all blue inside..but..the the shape and the colour on the outside is the same ;-)

I've masked off a banner on the front panel, inked it up, then splattered it with water, white and brushed pewter spray stains.
Used the Simon Says Stamp BIG HELLO I just got in the mail today! Had to use it..lol...
Raised it up by stacking a few white die cuts and placed it inside the negative space, I call it camouflaged diecutting, not sure what the proper term is.

Mounted it all on the cardbase with foamtape.

For more information on the Less is More Challenge #235, see this





7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous panel in fabulous colours, the die cutting makes it special

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, fabulous and gorgeous inking and great use of the berry shades. Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, love the richness of the colours and your added splatters.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card , beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to be back from my various jaunts and ready to do lots of blog visiting!
    This is fabulous, it has great impact!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maaike what fab colours you created!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete