Sunday 2 August 2015

Penny Black and Distress ink and homemade enamel dots

 I'd like to enter this in the Virginia's  View Challenge #17: all things embellished 
and
the Sparkle and Shine Challenge #11: photo inspiration

I made enamel dots by melting pony beads in the oven and used a glue dots to stick them down.
Alternatively I also make flat enamel dots by covering punched circles with glossy accents, so I can match them to the project,but they're still drying ;-)  I felt these matched well enough.

The Stamp is from Penny Black and it called Fresh. 
Kinda what I feel when I look at the Sparkle and Shine inspiration photo, orange, fresh, summer fruits, summer, sunshine, happiness all around because the weather is nice!

I used Distress inks and thinned those down with Iridescerent medium from Windsor & Newton for a glorious shimmer, which I hope you can see on the photo.

Some sequins in orange and clear iridescent ones , no sentiment because I didn't want it.






4 comments:

  1. Way to go on using your DIY enamel dots. The enamel dots colors are perfect with the watercolor background! Well done indeed! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All Things Embellished” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your coloured background!
    Thanks for laying along with us at Sparkle and Shine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your orange water colored background on top of those gorgeous flowers!! Stunning card!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your watercolor background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sparkle and Shine! :)

    ReplyDelete