Saturday 15 October 2016

Dragon birthday, with video



The Wednesday Challenge for the Simon Says Stamp is about resist techniques with Impression Obsession.

I chose the emboss resist technique.

First I thought I could do a happy birthday background, but the stamps is so big, it wouldn’t make sense through the window.

I showed in the last video how I did this intricate double partial die cutting and since I had this panel left over I thought I’d better use it.

So this panel is made with Neenah Solar white and  stamped with Memento tuxedo black ink.

The sentiment is from Impression Obsession (c9935)
And I stamped with Versafine onyx black ink and the Misti as it’s a rubber cling stamp and I find it hard to line up straight.
I test stamped it on the Simon Says Stamp  grid paper, and after I adjusted it slightly I stamped it on the card panel and then heat set it as it’s Versafine.
 I colored the dragon with my Spectrum Noir markers. I wish I had more purples as I really wanted a purple dragon (my favourite color) and I also looked at my Copic collection and a twinmarker.
 Wink of Stella clear glitter pen on it’s wings.

For the background I traced the opening onto the card base and masked the edges so nothing would peek out from behind the card panel that is slightly smaller (1cm)
I used Versamark ink to Stamp the Hero arts (tiny stars). I wanted a patchy stamp, so not perfectly covered night sky, I kind of regret that now there’s a patch on the lower bit of the window ;-), ah well...
I then sprinkled on Wow! Clear hologram sparkle embossing glitter and heat set it.
To make the night sky I used  Distress inks( black soot, chipped sapphire and faded jeans) as per one of my recipes, just left out the stormy sky, fitting four colors into that little opening seemed a bit ott.
Mounted the panel with foam tape and adhered it tot he card base.
For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this


1 comment:

  1. Oh I love your card, the dragon is so cute and love the window.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete