Sunday 30 April 2023

AAA card Challenge: #239Choose a side hot or cold, with video and a bonus card


 
Hello this time at AAA Card Challenges, we're all about one side of the color spectrum, are you a hot or cold person?

Now I think I prefer blues and or purples more, but they didn't seem to go with my first idea: to make a honey comb like thing and or a peacock feather like thing, but as you might know I don't have that much colored cardstock.

I've used the Spellbinders Mini Hexagons set for my card. the mini petals was more like that peacock plumage or mermaid scales I thing.


Anyway I persevered and  cut and cut an cut many colors of cards. as the mini hexagons has 6 frames that fit into each other and I didn't have a set rule for the sequence, you know like a rainbow, I could just stuck them together like  I fancied or had bits left.

I've used the solid hexagon included in the set to make backers with double sided take on it, to make putting them together easier, faster and mess free...kinda worked ;-)

after I was done putting them together I put them on a cardbase. thought a bee would be nice, but I thought it was plenty busy as is.

The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps (Simple Sentiment strips) and I've used Versafine clair Morning Mist for a lesser stark and then I didn't like it at all haha..the morning after I felt better about it, maybe it was the working light that made the colors weird.

I redid it with a stencil too. It's just a hexagon from a nesting frame set and Distress inks, it's more me ;-) Same Sentiment, black Versafine ink.


To play along the AAA Card Challenge, see this.

2 comments:

  1. Love the die cut hexagons. All those pieces...oh my.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, it's like making a 1000 piece puzzle ;-)

      Delete