Sunday 2 April 2023

Less is More Challenge: Aquamarine and Black

 


This fortnight the Less is More Challeng is Aquamarine and Black,

I had a few ideas and I went for these diecuts, I thought they could be Eucalyptus, not entirely sure, they're dies in a advent set I think, can't remember, I've put all the twigs together, sorry. Doesn't matter, my first Idea was the Cute Caterpillar from Memory Box, then the Cat Silhouettes from Impression Obsession, black cats with  an Aquamarine like background., didn't know how to make it CAS. then I diecut a butterfly flutter, but had to make the card twice as big for


empty space, didn't like that either ....morning well spent though.

the sentiment is als from Impression Obsession and I found it while looking for the cats. Stamped it with Versafine Black ink on the cardbase.

I have made the blueish green leafs by using watercolours and Finetec Iridescent watercolours on watercolour paper, let it dry. I wanted an ombre feel to my caterpillar, but it looks better on the leafs too, not as flat.

Once dry I cut them and stuck them on with liquid glue.

To play along the Les sis More Challenge, see this.


5 comments:

  1. Delightful make and a great use of the specified colours

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, loving your Aqua and black creation ..... thanks for joining us at 'Less Is More' ..... Sid xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card--love your watercolored branches! Thanks for playing at LIM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for playing along with our colour challenge at Less is More with this beautiful card.Came out beautifully in the end and your coloured die cuts look perfect against the white.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this cas card! wonderful take on the color challenge and I really like how you used your die cuts. Thanks for playing over at LIM.

    ReplyDelete