Monday 1 May 2023

AAA Birthday Card Challenges May 2023: Balloons

 


Hello, this month we're all about balloons, I went with Birthday Balloons , but what about a Hot air balloon? or Balloon animals? Weather balloon? I don't know can you think of others? Not sure Weather balloons is very birthday likem byut hey...

My card wasn't really coming together, this is the 4th version I think and frankly I would have been happier with just the Panda image with the sentiment, but is that at all festive?

Made a balloon like background ( a few times) by inkblending Distress inks onto the cardbase. The first  version was Wilted Violet, Marmaid Lagoon and Mowed Lawn, it was tricky to get the  colors from going muddy. So I tried it again with warm colors..didn't like it, then I decided to do a rainbow in rainbow order and that didn't give me mud :-)the Chipped Sapphire was a later addition as I didn't notice my balloons were dropping to the right and I wanted it to look random(ish) and I also wanted them to be overlap so they'd feel transparent.

Panda image is from Marianne design (EC0179) and I stamped it with Versafine to get a nice bold impression, then I was left with the balloon. I decided to color it with Spectrum Noir Glitter ink, on normal paper, because of the Versafine Ink I  couldn't color it with alcohol markers. After that I cut it out with the coordinating dies in the set.


The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps (Simple Sentiment Strips) again, I just love it, couldn't get it straight so I stamped it on the slant on purpose.

If you want to play along the AAA Birthday Card Challenge, see this.


#AAABirthdaycards #AAABirthdayCardchallenge #BirthdayChallenge #BirthdayCard #Blogchallenge

 #Handmadecard  #Cardmakers  #Designteam #Blogspotchallenge   


3 comments:

  1. He’s so cute hanging with his balloons 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card Maaike. I love your blended balloon background and your panda is so sweet. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww such a cute Panda bear lovely card xx

    ReplyDelete