Thursday 4 May 2023

Goth Doll - Birthday

 

Hello, today I'm using the Whimsy Stamps Digi: Goth Doll -boy from the Dustin Pike line.

I printed the digi, cut it out and then colored it with Copic markers.

I thought a green dog might be  a nod towards the Frankenstein Monster and then kept the boy a rather "normal"skin color, I almost went for a greenish grey, but I went for the dog instead, as it might be a  stuffed toy and it even has the bolts like the monster.

For the background I used the Happy Birthday from the Simple Sentiment Strips, also  Whimsy Stamps. and I wanted a sort of  torn look, like a claw ripped the cardbase.

To achieve this I ripped pieces of masking paper and applied Distress inks (Lost Shadow) and splattered it with Black Soot. I also wanted it very faint and Lost Shadow is perfect for this. I know how red splatter might look, and so went for black, also seemed more boyish to me.


Mounted the digi with foamtape and adhered it to the card, and I added some details with a white gel pen.


Find the digi in the Whimsy Store: https://whimsystamps.com/products/goth-doll-boy-digital-set?_pos=2&_sid=6836cc684&_ss=r


And the sentiment here: https://whimsystamps.com/products/simple-sentiment-strips-clear-stamps?_pos=1&_sid=d56b796ee&_ss=r


#Whimsystamps #Digistamps #Handmadecard #cardmaker #designteam #CASCard #CopicColoring #CardsbyMaaike  #DustinPike #GothBoy #PunnyCard  #Distressinks #boyscard #Birthdaycard

 

 

 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment