Thursday 1 March 2018

Leaded window look, with video

Today I made a card that reminds me of Church windows, the leaded windows and also a bit of Christmas because I used gold, silver and reds amongst other colors.
To start the card I used the Simon Says Stamp Heart sprinkle wreath die and a circle die for the centre. I used black cardstok to  make the colors pop and make it look more like a leaded window,
Then I placed acetate on the back and filled in some of the hearts and dots in the wreath with Nuvo drops and Ranger enamel accents.
I don't have many Nuvo drops, but  I like their transparent look.
My bottle of Deco art media Liquid glass gave me this idea. It's similar to Ranger glossy accents and I also pulled that, but didn't use it.

In the video you can see how the light shines through, very pretty, if you want to keep that look, make another circle window in the cardbase. I chose to make a shaker card as I just bought these  pretty heart shaped gems in a giftshop in my town. Came in the little bottle, no brand, but I'm sure you can find them online, I found some on Aliexpress and ordered a truck load haha...

I used white craftfoam ad I thought it would match my cardbase and I diecut the same size circle from it for my dimension and shaker wall.
I adhered everything with tape runner and gluedots in between  the hearts and dots, to preven the black card to lift up from the acetate, which would make the Nuvo Drops or enamel accents to seep under.
Let it dry overnight with a bowl on top as I have cats as you know...trying to keep the cat hair off and it worked lol.
If you don;t have any Nuvor drops or glossy/enamel accents you can try alcohol inks or makers on the back of the acetate as alcohol ink will color acetate.
You can mix some glitter in with glossy accents too.







No comments:

Post a Comment