Sunday 18 March 2018

AAA cards challenge #111: use only 1/3, with video

This fortnight the Challenge is to use only one third of your card. It's our DT fellow Lucie that came up with this challenge and our sponsor is Winnie and Walter, so I used their Big Hugs set.

To determine 1/3 I used a bit of folder plastic, the right size for my card 10,5x15cm, so I measured thirds and ended with 9 rectangles. Three of those would be a third. Whether you use them horizontally, vertically, diagonally, the choice is yours.

At first I thought to make a small inkblended snowbank on the bottom, but I decided to use my 1/3 in the centre and stick the image on the inkblended bit so not to use up  more white space.

For the inkblending I used Distress inks shaded lilac, tumbled glass and peacock feathers, then water and bleach for droplets and Talens white ecoline. As I used the bendy coffee stirrer I got elongated droplets, so I switched to a rigid brush for the round ones. It looks to me like a blizzard now lol.

I stamped the image from Winnie and Walter onto Crafter's Companion Neenah paper, had the Scan N  Cut do the cutting and I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers.

The sentiment is from Newton's Nook designs ( wild child) and I stamped it with Versafine Onyx black ink.

Mounted the bears with foamtape and adhered it to the cardbase.

For more information, more DT work or to play along int he challenge, see this

8 comments:

  1. Such an adorable image and I love the look of the one third in the middle. I've been oohing and awwing ever since this card popped up in the DT gallery. Just fabulous Maaike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This image you chose, has touched my heart! What lovely colouring and how perfectly placed in the one third.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maaike, this is such a tender card! In love with your ink blending and white droplets. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Maaike! Those little polar bears are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is such a sweet card Maaike! Love your ink blending and the little bears are so cute. How are you enjoying the Scan N Cut?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scan n cut is fabulous, those mats are not though, driving me nuts as how quickly they lose their stick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet, Maaike. Pretty coloring too. =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute card and a great day i would change it a little using my little chihuahuas.

    ReplyDelete