Sunday 4 March 2018

AAA cards challenge #110- Ombre, with video

This fortnight the challenge is Ombre.
Our sponsor is Happy Little Stampers, so join us and you could win a prize!

For my Ombre I used Distress inks (candied apple, abandoned coral and worn lipstick) but found it all a bit samey, so I also added Aged Mahogany at the top. My ombre turned out pretty much as the challenge badge and it wasn't meant to, I chose red to go behind my Heart sprinkle wreath from Simon Says Stamp.

I diecut it from 140lbs card and I also diecut the circle in the middle to  make a window.

For my critter I used  Gerda Steiner Valentine penguins, the sentiment also.
I don't really see this card as a Valentine lol.
card, more and encouragement card, or I might have to keep it for a year

I colored my penguin with Spectrum Noir and Spectrum Illustrator markers and I used a bit of Nuvo Shimmer pen on the balloon. The white Sharpie wasn't being nice, I added it for a shine on the balloon, but it didn't dry quickly enough so I smudged it. See video ;-)

Mounted the panel with foamtape and adhered it to the cardbase. I added foamtape to the penguin's head only and adhered the rest with tape runner.

For more information or to play along the challenge, and to see more design team work, click here

8 comments:

  1. Love that your ombre matches the challenge badge - even if that was accidental. Fabulous card Maaike that's been grabbing my attention every time I looked at the DT blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That red ombre card is great, Love your card, will try doing an ombre card myself I have never done one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was interested in your colour samples, perhaps you might talk about them one day on a video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there's a video on my channel and a blog post for blending reciped with distress inks, memento and versamagic, use the search tool on here or youtube

      Delete
  4. Wat weer mooi kaartje. Als ik jou zo bezig zie lijkt het zo simpel..totdat ik het ook probeer :-)
    Maar mooie overloop van je kleur blending

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maaike, I like the clean and simple look of the card, it is lovely, Cheers Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an eye-catching card, Maaike! Love that ombre! And I think the card makes a wonderful encouragement card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adore your ombre' hearts, Maaike. And what a cute penguin. =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete