Sunday 21 February 2021

AAA Cards Challenges #184 Sketch + Watercolour, with video

 This Fortnight the AAA Cards Challenge sis a sketch with the option to use watercolours.

It's  Michelle's Choice this time.



For my card I went with Talens Ecoline a liquid watercolour and of course you could use the Acryllic block ink smooshing, that might be a real quick card. I didn't, also changed my mind three times while watercolouring, see the video for the progress.


After watercolouring I heat set it and removed the tape, damaging the paper a little, I left it,it's very faint. I stamped the Tree with Versafine ink and the animals from the same Marianne Design set (EC0182) on another piece of watercolour paper. I decided to use the lion as I have a nice punny sentiment to go with it, it's from Simon Says Stamp and is called Punny Animals.


I used Ecoline as well on the lion and then used the dies included to cut him out. Mounted him with foamtape.


To adhere the watercolour panel I've used tape runner and stuck it to a cardbase,then mounted the lion on top.

For more information or to play along the AAA Cards Challenges, see this.






5 comments:

  1. Adorable lion, beautiful background! Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright, bold and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, Maaike, what a darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so adorable. I love the background and your colouring is amazing.

    ReplyDelete