I'm honoured to be the Guestdesigner for the Male Room Challenge this month, the theme is: Steampunk.
For my card I started with diecutting the gears, first from metallic card, but it was too shiny, I tried to apply the Viva decor Rusty patina, but it didn't stick as the metallic card was too slick. So I switched to brown and black card, the brown helps with the rusty feel and the black complements it. I applied the Rusty patina with my finger and wiped it across the gears randomly.
For the background I masked off a strip on the cardbase and applied Distress ink: Black soot, Chipped sapphire, Faded jeans and Speckled egg.
Then I stamped the sentiment, it's from Clearly Besotted's Robot Plushies, I've used Versafine ink.
The robot gentleman is from Katzelkraft Les Robots 1. Stamped it with Gina K amalgam ink and coloured it with Copic markers. Cut it out.
Mounted the robot with foamtape and adhered it to the cardbase. The gears I adhered to the cardbase alternating between liquid glue or foamtape.
For more information on the Male Room Challenge, see this.