Saturday 20 February 2021

One Layer Birthday Card


 The Less is More Challenge this time is: ONE layer card and flower.

And as I've used inkblending, I shall also enter it into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Favorite Technique, and inkblending is right there at the top.

For my card I masked off a rectangle on the cardbase. I then applied DIstress inks with finger daubers. All the usual supsects, but Kitsch Flamingo instead of Picked Raspberry, but also, Carved pumpkin, Squeezed lemonade, Cracked pistachio, Tumbled glass, Wilted violet.

The splattered with water, dried it with my heattool.


The Daffodils are from Nellie Snellen (Nellie's Choic Sil064) and the sentiment from Whimsy Stamps (Simple sentiment strips) and I stamped both with Versafine ink, then heat set it again.


For a playful feel I did stamp the daffs peeking out on ine side, it would have fit, but I like it this way more.




For more information on the Less is More Challenge, see this.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this.

4 comments:

  1. And what a super masked off floral make it is too! Smashing range of colours

    Happy Saturday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your inky background Maaike, so vibrant and pretty. The daffodil is perfect stamped slightly over the edge. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More,
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Maaike ! Your blending background is just beautiful and I especially love the fact that your daffodil peeks out of one edge. I also love to make it, even with dies. Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful one layer card Maaike! Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete