Tuesday 7 March 2023

A Happy or Ha-Bee Hello


Hello, today I'm showing a cute little card with  Whimsy Stamps Products, Bee Happy digi from Crissy Armstrong.

I wanted a pun so I went with Happy as HaBee. I thought it was funny, but I wonder if people will get it, or correct my grammar everytime they see it ;-) Don't care, I giggled.

There's a clear set from Whimsy Hap-Bee from the Krista Heij-Barber collection that has this sentiment, but I don't have it (yet) and so I made my own on the computer and printed it out with the Bee image.

Had he Scan N Cut do the fussy cutting and then I colored it with all the alcohol marker brands : Copic, Decotime  Brush and Graph-it Brush because of their fineline nib, which I love to get into the tiny corners. If you make the image bigger those tight spaces are easier to color.  

The Hello if the Whimsy Hello Word and Shadow Die set I wanted to make the Hello honey colored ombre, so on white cardstock I applied: Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey, Dried Marigold and Crackling Campfire, can you spot the all? then cut it out and made the show layer white to make it stand out from the background.

Ha the background..it's not my first rendition,  didn't like the first one, I cut hexagons from masking paper and stuck them on the cardbase, applied Distress inks Salty Ocean and Tumbled glass, like a sky, but when I peeled of the hexagon masks, the white was too stark and so I went over the whole thing with Mustard Seed to make the white yellowish and give some of the blue a green hue...it was not my best decision ;-)...I've included in  my blogpost, so you can see how plans change.

I did diecut the masks, kind of strategically from a cardpanel sized piece of masking paper, so  I used the windows it left to apply some of the same inks I used on the Hello, but in different densities, some of top of each other to give that whimsical bokeh like effect; and this is much prettier  and clean looking.

I mounted the Hello on the shadow layer with foam and liquid glue,  Mounted the word on the cardbase. I also added foam tape on the bees and liquid glue on the sentiment strip.


You can find the digi in the Whimsy Store, it's also available as a cling stamp set in case you prefer: https://whimsystamps.com/search?q=bee%20happy


The Krista Heij-Barber clear set: https://whimsystamps.com/products/hap-bee-birthday-clear-stamps?_pos=3&_sid=61f005226&_ss=r


There's a Honey Comb pattern die if you need hexagons shapes: https://whimsystamps.com/products/honeycomb-pattern-die?_pos=14&_sid=61f005226&_ss=r


Or a Hexagon Die set: https://whimsystamps.com/products/nested-hexagon-die-set?_pos=32&_sid=61f005226&_ss=r


Hello Word and Show dieset: https://whimsystamps.com/products/hello-word-and-shadow-die-set?_pos=3&_sid=bb2666b6c&_ss=r



#Whimsystamps #Digistamps #Handmadecard #cardmaker #designteam #CASCard #CopicColoring #CardsbyMaaike  #CrissyArmstrong #Bees #GraphitBrushmarkers #DecotimeBrushMarkers #Distressinks


No comments:

Post a Comment