Sunday 8 July 2018

AAA Cards Challenge #119: Christmas in July



This fortnight the challenge is: Christmas in July. This theme was chosen by our DT member Ceal.
Our sponsor is Happy Little Stampers and you could win a $20 gift certificate.

For my card I stamped the stag in Versafine onyx black ink and heat set it. It was a Christmas stamp from Craft Sensations two years ago, but any similar one will work of course. I just love him, he looks like wood.
The sentiment is from Hero Arts (classic Christmas borders) and I also stamped it with Versafine onyx black ink.

I then used circles of rubberstamps scraps I cut and mounted on a block with tape runner.

I have a video of a similar card, if you're curious.
For the dots I used Memento dew drops in three colors (summer sky, teal zeal, nautical blue).

I added the a few enamel dots and or rhinestones, to reinforce the circle look.

For more information, more DT examples, or to play along the AAA Cards Challenge, see this.








5 comments:

  1. How very clever of you to use scraps from a stamp set to create your own circles, will be trying that instead of binning them in future. Love that woody stag too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your design ... it makes me want to go play with dots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this has so inspired me! I have this stamp and only got to use it last year a couple of times-your card has inspired me to hunt it out. I love how you have used it in this wood colour....now I have to go away and think of a way to make it not a complete copy of yours! Thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool card! Great design, Maaike!

    ReplyDelete