Wednesday 4 July 2018

Red, white and or blue...

Is the theme over at both the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, showcasing SSS exclusive products.

For my card I used red white and blue and a bit of black, the black is shimmery cardstock and I diecut the SSS birthday circle die from it, also  from the white panel and  put it in place of the white one. Stuck it to the panel with Scotch tape bits and then mounted the panel with foamtape.
On the cardbase I stamped red and white striped pattern,  If you look closely you can count 13 stripes as in the original colonies, yep...thought about details ;-)


The Dutch flag is also red white and blue and it feels too patriotic to me, not my favorite color combo, but little bits are cool, especially if in another hue.
Then I added glittery blue enamel dots and one white glitter star (dot? ) because of the



stars in the USA flag .
The red ink I used is Versafine Crimson red.

For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this.
For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Maaike :-) I love how you even counted the stripes in the background, awesome attention to detail, and the birthday circle and CAS design are absolutely fabulous! Simply stunning!! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday and Wednesday Challenges
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great CAS card! Great design and focal point! Love! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete