Monday 4 January 2021

AAA Birthday Challenges #21 a Stencilled Background, with video

 I'm honoured to say I was chosen to be join the AAA Birthday Challenge blog Design Team.

AAA Birthday Challenges is a once a month challenge blog for Birthday Cards or projects only.

And we all need birthday cards all the time don't we?


The January theme is: a stencilled background.


For my card I used a circle stencil and a mountain silhouette from Clearly Besotted, but as I needed both sides I traced the mountains on to a bit of printer paper and cut it out. I've also made my own snow capped mountains by masking the tops off with sticky notes. See the video, it's easier.

As January is the month of the Capricorn, I thought Italian alps would be nice as it's one of their habitats.

I've used digis from Craftin Desert Divas, sadly they're no longer in business, I've


coloured the images with alcohol markers. 

For the sentiment I've used the Art Impressions Old Goat set, I could have used an image from that set too, but decided on this sentiment after I've chosen the Capricorn.

Mounted the goat with foamtape and adhered the boy flush to the cardbase.

For more information or to play along the AAA Birthday Challenge, see this.


2 comments:

  1. That's an adorable card Maaike! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that your card is themed around the Capricorn goat. Really cute and a great stencilled background.

    ReplyDelete