Saturday 15 July 2023

Lawn Fawn Angler Fish Light up card, easy diy, with Video



 I like to make my light up card, easier and cheaper than those crafty brands and I have a few diy hacks for this. Today I'm using  simple LED  that you can find in an electronics store, diy or alike, I got mine on Amazon.

No need for mess around with circuits with these as the prongs are the conductors as well. the longer  "leg"is the plus and should go on the side of a battery. I'm using a CR2016 it's thinner than Cr2020 or CR2032 which is probably the easiest to find nowadays, before  this the CR2025 was the standard.

But I like to keep an eye out on these batteries and the thinner the better for cards, but also less juice, so be mindful.

For my card I inkblended a circle for my Sea or ocean with Distress inks and splattered it with water.

Colored the Lawn Fawn Angler Fish with DecoTime brush markers.

the light up mechanism is very easy, you punch a hole for the LED to peek through and then bend the prongs on a 90 degree angle, making sure there's room for the battery and  that they don't touch , until you press the panel.

That's where the round bubble like stamp in the set come sin handy, so the recipient actually knows to push it. The sentiments is also from the set.

I then encase the light and battery with two layers of foamtape and also mounted the fish with foamtape as the LED sticks out. ig you fancy you could have it come through the fish's light, but I thought it was too dainty for me to try, but I have done so with a Santa's noce and a Deer's Nose too.


See the video for my process:


#LawnFawn #Anglerfish #Lightupcard, #youtuber #CardsbyMaaike #interactivecard #diyhack #DecotimeCrafts #Distressinks #interactivecard #CAScard 


No comments:

Post a Comment