Friday 19 August 2022

Whale of a time


 Hiya, this week I've used the Digi set Whale of a time from Whimsy, there's also a clear stamp version if you prefer.

I printed the Orca or Killer Whale on Copic friendly paper and cut it out with the Scan N Cut, then colored it with Copic Markers.

I wanted some color and so I debated to make him jump from the waves, but thought that's the same as others I made not long ago..also I wanted color, and I decided a circle, maybe a hoop in rainbow would make the card a little more fun as opposed to B&W only.

I cut two nesting circles from a panel to make my border and then inkblended Distress inks on it ( I messed up one first though by inkblending forst and then diecutting it and the inner circle moved). Was debating if I could make it work, but it's easy to make a second one.

Mounted the hoop and whale with foam tape and then adhered it to the cardbase.

The sentiment is from Whimsy also, a clear set called Simple Sentiment Strips.

I wanted to do something of a pun, but I feel Orca or Killer Whales are misunderstood Dolphins and I thought Happy Birthday is always good, especially if you know someone that likes them. And it's true they are the same as Dolphins, nephews if you will...did you know that?


Find the Whales here: https://whimsystamps.com/search?q=whale

And the sentiment set here: https://whimsystamps.com/products/simple-sentiment-strips-clear-stamps?_pos=1&_sid=5c7859519&_ss=r

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool. I love your Orca, jumping through that hoop. Adding the rainbow colours really makes him stand out more.

    ReplyDelete