Thursday 3 August 2023

Happy Boo day


 Hello, is it really that time again? yes roll on Halloween, although it's not as big in the Netherlands as in the U.S.A., it has to be the best time of the year for me.

for my card I've used one of the images from the Gargoyle and Friends  set, a digi set from Whimsy Stamps and Dustin Pike.

I've printed the digi, cut it out and colored it with alcohol markers, then mounted it with foam tape and set it aside. I wanted it to look like stone, so I dotted the shadows to give it a hint of speckles in the stone, but I don't like that all over the image.

The background is inkblended Distress inks on the cardbase: Speckled Egg, Stormy Sky,  Hickory Smoke and Black Soot., I've splattered with water and some of it went under the masking tape, so I placed my image strategically later. But I've also splattered with Acrylic paints in gold, purple and white, I thought it could be a moody nigh tsky of confetti.

The sentiment is from  another Whimsy Stamps (Clear) set called Monster Birthday and I stamped it with Versafine black ink.

Mounted the Image on top.

You can finde the digi and clear set in the store here:

https://whimsystamps.com/collections/newest-digital/products/gargoyle-and-friends-digital-stamp


https://whimsystamps.com/products/monster-birthday-clear-stamps?_pos=1&_sid=84f0f6888&_ss=r


There's also a clear set with Gargoyls and  maybe more fitting sentiments, but I don't have it, so I shopped my stash.

https://whimsystamps.com/products/gargoyle-birthday-clear-stamps?_pos=4&_sid=84f0f6888&_ss=r



#Whimsystamps #Digistamps #Handmadecard #cardmaker #designteam #CASCard #CopicColoring #CardsbyMaaike  #DustinPike  #PunnyCard  #Distressinks    #Halloween, #BirthdayCard #Gargoyles


No comments:

Post a Comment