Sunday 1 October 2017

AAA cards challenge #100: sketch Challenge, with video

This fortnight (October 1st-14th) the challenge is to make a card following a sketch.

Our sponsor this time is Happy Little Stampers and you could win a $20 gift card if you play along.


For my card I made a stencil from card stock with circle dies. I wanted 5 gumballs in a row.
So I measured and found this size die was the best. Started in the middle, then the outer two and then the last two towards the center, It's easier to space them that way.
I used Distress inks to color the treats and the colors I used are: candied apple, mustard seed, mowed lawn, mermaid lagoon and wilted violet. To apply the ink I masked off the circles next to one and I used a finger dauber.
For the shine I used a white gel pen. 
The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp (it's your birthday 3x4 set) and I stamped it
with Versafine onyx black ink.

Added matching rhinestones to reinforce the gumball theme. Now if people see something different in these , like marbles, or snooker balls, or other, then that's fine too ;-)

For more information or to play along the AAA cards challenge, see this


9 comments:

  1. Love this card and those gumballs are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and video, Maaike! Such a great idea to create a stencil for the gumballs - they turned out beautifully! As you say - this would be brilliant for mass-producing cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colorful and simple! great idea making your own stencil. Thanks for sharing Maaike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your shiny gumballs, creative take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. And striking, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great video as always. I love the coloured gumballs and you can't even tell one isn't quite in line. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful rainbow drops. Stencils are so much fun =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and perfectly CAS, Maaike! Love the rainbow of colors too :)

    ReplyDelete