Saturday 7 October 2017

rainbows, unicorns and glitter

Happy World cardmaking day 2017.
MFT (my Favorite Things) is holding a trio of challenges and the first one is/was rainbows.

So for my card I applied a rainbow in Talens ecoline (a fluid watercolor), a really vibrant watercolor. I wetted the watercolorpaper first, which made the colors run and blend ( a little too much) but I like it.
Let it dry and then Spritzed it with Shimmer spritz (sparkle), can you see the speckles?
I stamped the image from magical unicorns on Crafter's companion Neenah paper and colored him with Spectrum Noir markers and then cut him out with the Scan N Cut. Also spritzed him with the shimmer spritz :-D

My watercolor panels are always slightly narrower than the cardbase and although I could chop the cardbase, I prefer to fill the gap with a  fun washi tape.
I Stamped the sentiment with Versafine onyx blackink.
Mounted the rainbow panel with foam tape and adhered it to the cardbase, then mounted the unicorn with foam tape as well and mounted him on the rainbow.

For more information or to play along with the My Favorite Things challenge, see this

No comments:

Post a Comment