Friday 6 October 2017

Let it snow

This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is: a walk on the dark side showcasing Tim Holtz products.
The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is: Christmas showcasing Penny Black.

Last week I used the Penny Black just a note as a Christmas card, this week I'm using the Penny Black  Merry Delight.

I stamped the snowman from with SSS intense black ink onto Crafter's Companion Neenah paper and colored him with Spectrum Noir markers. Then cut him out as my partial diecutting went totally wrong ;-)....sst do not tell anyone.

So instead I diecut just a circle from a
cardpanel that is slightly smaller than my cardbase.
Traced the circle on the cardbase, drew a few snowflakes, but they could be stars too with a Versamarker and then applied Wow! glow in the dark embossing powder and heat set it.

For my night sky I applied Distress inks with a mini blending tool, I've used black soot, chipped sapphire and faded jeans.
That would be my dark bit.
I stamped the sentiment from the same Penny Black set with Versafine onyx black ink and heat set it too.

Mounted the panel with foamtape and adhered it ont he cardbase. Don't know if you can see it, but I didn't centre the

panel,instead I tucked into the right bottom corner.
I thought that would be a little different than usual.
Also mounted some foamtape on the snowman where he overhangs the circle and taperunner on the other bit and adhered him to the card.

It was really hard to get a photo of the glow in the dark bit, but I managed a crappy one ;-)


For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this.
For more information on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, see this.

3 comments:

  1. oh wow!! this is sooo cool ;) thank you for playing along with us at the simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Glow-in-the dark? What a great look and I love how it is so unexpected! As always, your work is clean and professional and your coloring skills are remarkable. As much as I love Halloween, it was also nice to see a different type of project for this week's theme. Thank you for your continued support of our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, that means a lot and reallymade my day :-D

      Delete