Sunday 15 October 2017

AAA cards Challenge #101, with 2 videos

This fortnight the AAA cards Challenge is: inspired by a film.
Our sponsor this time isWinnie & Walter and you could win a $25 gift certificate.

I was inspired by the film Under the Tuscan sky, it's from way back in 2003, but it's on TV a lot and I watch it every time, as I love the villa she buys and the story of course.

In this movie Francis gets divorced and whilst on holiday, she decides to by a Tuscan villa and stay in Italy.
She meets a guy and at one point in the movie she goes down to see him. She asks the policeman on a blue scooter for a lift. She is wearing a white dress as in his dream.
That was a bit hard on this stamp from
Newton's Nook (Newton scoots by), so I decided to color the cat as Francis' hair and give the cat a white scarf, kept the  blue scooter.
I did all the coloring on Crafter's Companion Neenah paper with Spectrum Noir markers.
I did the highlights with a white gelpen. I stamped the image with Simon Says Stamp intense black ink and had the Brother scan & cut do it's magic.

The landscape is a dieset from Marianne design (lr0482 Tuscan landscape) and the road is from Sugar pea design (either home or school scape).

I did a lot of diecutting and then inlaying them into each other.
As one of the requirements of our challenge blog is to keep the layers to a minimum, now it looks like three but it's only one ;-).
I shaded the middle one a little with Distress inks Shabby shutters and a finger dauber. I did pull three colors of green, but I didn't like the lightest really and with the shading there's a bit more vidual depth.


The sentiment is also from the Newton's Nook set and I stamped it with Versafine onyx black ink in my Stampers friend from Be Creative.

Mounted the landscape with foamtape, but tape runner would also have worked and also mounted Newton with foamtape.

I hope you can see the movie in my card ;-)

For more information on the AAA cards challenge, or to play along, see this

5 comments:

  1. Awww! I love Newton and this card is so cute! Your colouring is beautiful and I love the inlaid die-cutting to minimise layers! I haven't seen the movie so thanks for your explanation - I think your card is a super representation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh fabulous! Your scooter looks so perfect and the cat is very cute. Superb choice of film and wonderful interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable, Maaike :) I haven't seen this movie but I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card. I've not ever watched this movie either.. perhaps I'll have to start making a "to watch movie list" inspired my fellow card makers. Great job on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute critter and scene. I have never seen the movie, but I sure do think your card is fab!

    ReplyDelete