Tuesday 10 October 2017

Treat bag for Halloween and Christmas

 The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is : not a card.

So I made a treatbag.
I made mine Christmassy, but then I also filmed it for my YouTube channel next week with Halloween stamps, ofcourse if you use other kinds of paper it could be for teachers, parties, birthdays, weddings etc.

I don't have the Lawn Fawn die and frankly with my scoreboard I can do more, different sizes and projects.
I made it to fit 2 out one sheet of 12x12 and you need a piece of paper that is 6"x12".
You can make it taller, but 6" is the width of my Big Shot if you want to diecut out the "handles", I used a small rectangle shaped die with rounded corners.

Score on the long side at: 2", 5", 7"and 10" then on the short side at 2"only.
Burnish your scorelines, then cut the bottom and notch them slightly.

I used a hole punch to make 4 holes and  then fed some silver ribbon through it, and tied it together.
You can also just stample the ribbon to the bag and or hot glue the ribbon also.
My hole punch is a little big and the smaller one was too tiny to feed ribbon trhough, maybe bakerstwine would have been better, but hey, you live and learn.

I use hot glue to put  my boxes and treatbags together, it's faster and more secure than tape or liquid glue, but you can
use anything you like ;-)

If you want to see how I made it, the video is going live on October 26th 0:00 Amsterdam time.

For more information or to play along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, see this


1 comment:

  1. adorable treat bags Maaike, the Halloween images are super cute,thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete